A beginning to an End

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: To start a new beginning. A beginning to an end of messes. A beginning of organization. A beginning of less stress looking for that item that "was just right there the last time I looked". And hopefully, a beginning of a bond of 3 "sisters" sharing the messy bits and how we might get them more organized.

Here's the logistics:
~ Start with a
bowl full of lemons 21 day challenge.
~ After we've succeeded, each of us in turn will suggest a new challenge until we are all successfully organized mammas.

I'm up for the challenge. Are you?
Ready. Set. GO!



Saturday, February 26

Where have I been?!

Under a pile of junk, not to mention busy-ness! Where has everyone else been?! Here is one of the many projects I have been doing. This is my toy area in our family room. It's small and perfect for keeping some of the toys on the main level while most of the toys live down stairs. (That one should be fun to tackle.)
I dove into this project without taking a BEFORE pic so I thought I'd get my inner kindergartner on the job and draw up the chaotic mess that it was so you can really appreciate the AFTER photo. Before taking a peek, (and not wanting to ruin the impact by words in between the photos) I'll just tell you how I did a few things.
First, was to figure out how to fix my cabinets so they didn't look like cheap $5 yard sale furniture, but more like the $150+ that I did pay for them. I purchased 2 nuts and bolts and drilled 2 holes into to connect the cabinets to one another. For added security, I also glued all the cabinets together using E-6000 and clamps. (I l-o-v-e E-6000!) I also used the glue-like stuff to attach the door back onto the hinge. Woot! Voila! A cabinet that looks like it cost more than $20. :)
The organizing is pretty self explanatory. I simply went through everything. Purged what my kids don't play with and found homes in our home for the toys that were either too big for the space or not used as much.
I'm pretty proud of these results. It's the simple changes that don't cost a lot that make me the happiest. Hope you enjoy my art work as much as I do. (Both the actual make-over and the fancy drawing. :D)


1 comment: