A beginning to an End

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: To start a new beginning. A beginning to an end of messes. A beginning of organization. A beginning of less stress looking for that item that "was just right there the last time I looked". And hopefully, a beginning of a bond of 3 "sisters" sharing the messy bits and how we might get them more organized.

Here's the logistics:
~ Start with a
bowl full of lemons 21 day challenge.
~ After we've succeeded, each of us in turn will suggest a new challenge until we are all successfully organized mammas.

I'm up for the challenge. Are you?
Ready. Set. GO!



Monday, February 7

Clean Streak again

After going to the Er twice yesterday (once with a smashed finger and once with vomiting that appeared to have blood in it...got home at 2 am) I am finally getting things done.  I woke up at 9 (yes Hayden was late for school because he was still asleep too) took Hayden to school, got home and told David I was going back to bed (then he cranked the COUNTRY music to clean to, but that meant I couldn't sleep) then I went downstairs to supervise the cleaning of the kitchen.  Well, 8 hours later the ENTIRE kitchen is clean (except for the stuff to go back under the sink....we have a leaky pipe so I had to empty it all).  And when I say clean I mean SUPER CLEAN.  We steam cleaned everything and scrubbed and polished it all, we even re-caulked the counter tops .  My appliances look new.  I didn't get a lot of before pictures, but I will post some after pictures soon....I just have to put my feet up for a while. 

As for why I have been at a standstill....well when my life is in upheaval so is my home....I think that is true for most of us.  But then the house is a disaster when our life starts to improve so we start to spiral down again because that is depressing.  As to why I hold onto crap....I don't know.  I thought about this for a while and still can't figure it out, but it feels so good to get rid of it all.  I have found myself running to the DI with little loads just to get the crap out of my house faster...We filled our trash and recycling so full that we had to dump a ton into neighbors trash this morning to get rid of it all.  I am loving this. It feels so good to de-junk my home and my body.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment